Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rope Shoot


Thanks to Jake (rigger) and HCoyote (photographer) for the wonderful chance to shoot.


It was quick and fun. Perhaps I'll begin to feel a little more relaxed about having my picture taken. I have a lot of personal baggage and will scrutinize until I am invisible to myself, so taking pictures is a tough barrier for me to overcome.


I DO NOT see myself as others see me and I know this (body image disturbance the docs call it). Mr. V has been working to help me get over this for years and His love and support have helped. I have struggled for years to overcome the damage sustained when black features weren't popular and were frowned upon. My lips, nose, skin... as a child, being asked if I had a tail as some child's mother told her blacks had tails like the devil. Seems silly now, but damaging when the same comments are repeated from the earliest age of comprehension through high school.


Surprising me is that my life in kink has also helped to break through a few cement walls. Hopefully I can get through some more with the love and support of the awesome people I've met within the community. I have never been so embraced and felt so accepted in my life, and I appreciate every last one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment