Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bringing in the New Decade Right

Behemoth



Last night was a blast at Emo's! I had a much needed break from the stress of everyday life. Being able to dress up in Goth Domme mode and hang out with Mr V and His brother to watch some of the greatest performers I've witnessed in a while.
As soon as we got there, I asked Mr V for a Jack and Coke. Little did I know the bartender was going to serve it up like I was going home with him! I watched him fill up the 8 oz. cup almost to the top, then he topped it off with a little sprinkle of Coke, literally. After that drink, I was buzzed. Tipsy passed after the third sip. I then had a beer (Heineken, what else?), then another Jack and Coke, then another beer (my near brother-in-law is so good to me). By the end of the night, between the drinks and other people smoking trees, I fully understood "holding onto the grass to make sure you don't fall off the lawn." Whew! I couldn't over-do it since I wanted to be able to walk back to the car on my own two feet, so I stopped there (and wisely).
Waiting in line, Tomasz Wróblewski of Behemoth passed us to get to his tour bus. He is so damn fine, it's ridiculous. Photos don't do him justice at all. Tall, dark, hot, and damn it if I didn't have Mr V with me! I would've acted like a pure groupie and followed him into that tour bus. I'm trying to inspect for myself the difference between American and Polish sausages. Have him talk to me in Polish while I flog and whip his ass until he's a quivering pile at my feet. Dammit!
Pack of Wolves started first, and they were bad ass!! I saw them about a year ago and they have greatly improved in their technique and stage presence. They set it off just right. The drummer worked his ass off and was almost a one man show.
Lightning Swords of Death followed and they were okay.
Then Septicflesh came on next, and I was laughing my ass off. Everyone in the crowd was skeptical, they were commenting on how a band from Greece could know anything about metal - especially death metal. They started playing and ripped everyone a new one and I saw a crowd heading to the line to buy their cd. Now that's eating your own words at its finest.
Finally, Behemoth was up and they tore it up as I expected. The crowd was so pumped, they didn't want them to leave the stage. They kept chanting "Behemoth" every time they went off stage and they kept coming back out to give the crowd more. They played like "Fuck the noise ordinance" because they were supposed to be off the stage at Austin's conservative, "we're so virginal," noise ordinance, hush or we'll give you a ticket time. As any good man will do, they kept at it until everyone was satisfied.  Next time they're on tour, I'm getting a tattoo with their emblem that I'll be flashing when they come out. (Tosses head back and chuckles deviantly to self.)



No comments:

Post a Comment