Monday, February 23, 2009

Bound by Love

Artwork: Ointment and Moon Bath by Luis Royo

Sometimes, a little time with a loving friend can cure a world full of ills. I'm feeling a little better, more active mentally, and physically relieved right now after a day full of rest. This weekend was horrifying at work. I was running a hospital, not a nursing home and it was a nightmare. Times like those encourage me to continue my studies away from the medical field that is slowing sucking the life out of me. I'll be glad for a change.

Anyway, not many can understand the great peace that results from just lying with someone without saying a word. People often spoil wonderful moments by opening their mouths like a motion picture when all that's needed is a great still. Skin to skin and quiet bonds people together, reassures most insecurities, calms the spirit, quiets the raging and reverses prior offenses. It provides a way for souls to make love and is priceless to me. I can now stand on my own feet again.

Her quiet company isn't a distraction for me, which I don't need. It is a prerequisite for deep and pensive meditation that provides me the answers to the things that puzzle me. I find relief and comfort in her arms. I appreciate her for that and all she does for me. That's the reason I call her my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment